Akron going greener with new golf carts
– Akron’s golf courses will be a little greener this summer. The city will soon begin using 20 eco-friendly golf carts fueled by natural gas or hydrogen.
Powered by hydrogen
– Think of greenhouse gas emitters, and images of power plants and long lines of running cars come to mind. Actually, many smaller engines contribute significantly to pollution and global warming. The federal Environmental Protection Agency has been moving closer to tightening restrictions, say, on the 30 million lawn mowers operated weekly in this country.
US Congressman and Senator to Promote Fuel Cells and Hydrogen in Proposed Legislation
– Connecticut Congressman John B. Larson and US Senator Richard Blumenthal are to introduce legislation intended to expand federal incentives for the use of fuel cell technology and hydrogen in certain applications. Larson, the US Representative for Connecticut’s 1st congressional district, will introduce ‘The Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Infrastructure for America Act of 2012’ (the Act) when Congress returns in September, while Senator Blumenthal will introduce a companion bill in the US Senate.
Rep. Tim Ryan Announces $85 Million Joint Public-Private Partnership Investment in the Tech Belt
Washington – Today, Rep. Tim Ryan joined U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown and Obama administration officials to announce a landmark $85 million public-private partnership investment in the Tech Belt. The joint venture is called the National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute (NAMII), and is the first major investment of its kind to help revitalize American manufacturing and encourage companies to invest in the United States.
Battelle Completing Safety Testing On Hydrogen Vehicle Fueling Systems
– Battelle has for decades served as an integral resource for developing safety test methods for new vehicle technology. From alternative hydrocarbon and hydrogen fuels to battery hybrid vehicles and crash avoidance technology, engineers at the world’s largest independent research and development organization are developing the test methods that ensure the safety of new technology on all manner of cars, SUVs, trucks and buses.
Dr. Steven Chu, U.S. Secretary of Energy, changes his position with regard to Hydrogen Fuel
– Stephen Chu, US Secretary of State for Energy, has told US news service Autoline.tv that he is much more interested in hydrogen and fuel cell vehicles now than he was in 2009 when he first started in his role.
U.S. Senators Re-Launch Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Caucus
WASHINGTON, D.C., – Senators Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), John Hoeven (R-N.D) and Chris Coons (D-Del.) hosted a U.S. Senate policy briefing as a first step in re-launching the bipartisan Senate Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Caucus. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) is also a Caucus Chair but was unable to attend the re-launch due to several back to back member meetings.
Press Conference on June 20th
Check out the videos and photos from our Press Conference on June 20th by going to our Facebook and YouTube accounts linked at the bottom of the left menu.